Balcony antenna

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply trying to figure out how to find that elusive station on the dial? This is a place where you can ask your question and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
Omega-TI

Re: Balcony antenna

Post by Omega-TI »

Egil - LA2PJ wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:31 pm Forty years ago I lived for a year in a small flat on the third floor of a house with restrictions on antennas etc. So I made a similar loop antenna using 3mm copper wire. The circumference was about 9 meters, and I used a resistor of 1 kOhm. Antenna could not be seen from the ground unless you knew it was there, and was a very good receiving antenna. So for people living in such places I strongly recommend it.

73'
Egil - LA2PJ
I took measurements, it be roughly 22 feet or 7 meters I hope that is enough to make it worthwhile. What do you think?
Omega-TI

Re: Balcony antenna

Post by Omega-TI »

Well I got done designing the hardware to hold my stealth antenna. If anyone is interested in the 3D .STL file or just checking out the photo, the link is below.

https://www.printables.com/model/753497 ... ealth-inst