Sony SW100

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply trying to figure out how to find that elusive station on the dial? This is a place where you can ask your question and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
Icon

Sony SW100

Post by Icon »

I have repaired several of these, but came across an issue I have never had before, and not sure, but am thinking it's the cable ribbon, but then again, not sure that each row of buttons has it's own separate connection. .
The 4 5 and 6 buttons do not work, but all other number and control buttons do. I probably have enough spare parts to fix the issue, but if it's not the ribbon, what else might I look at? I don't want to have to take it apart several times changing parts to find the problem, so any advice is a plus.,
Icon

Re: Sony SW100

Post by Icon »

Had to change out the keypad.... works great now.
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

if you don't have it, here's the service manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/38346 ... Sw100.html

which may be useful for repair/realignment
Icon

Post by Icon »

Thank you much for that.. Learning to change parts, or replace ribbons is easy, as long as I can see the problem, or just change parts till it fixes the issue.
May see if I can print that manual, as it's easier for me to use printed material than to scroll thru pages on a screen..