Antenna clip cable

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply trying to figure out how to find that elusive station on the dial? This is a place where you can ask your question and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
psteckler

Antenna clip cable

Post by psteckler »

I've been asking this question in various places for a long while, to no avail, but I'll try again!

Does anyone know a source for those cables with an antenna clip on one end, and a 1/8" jack on the other, for use with a reel antenna and a radio that lacks an antenna jack?

I keep breaking the cables that come with the reel antennas, and purchasing another antenna just to get the cable seems wasteful.

(Yes, I know I could wire up my own cable with an alligator clip or similar.)
13dka

Re: Antenna clip cable

Post by 13dka »

psteckler

Post by psteckler »

13dka wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:32 pm Something like this?
Well, I'd prefer to have a bona fide antenna clip, rather than alligator clips.

Someone makes the cables shipped with the reel antennas, how to find them?
Jim72Upson

Post by Jim72Upson »

Might this be what you are looking for??

https://ccrane.com/cc-shortwave-reel-antenna/

Jim /AC3B
psteckler

Post by psteckler »

Jim72Upson wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:11 pm Might this be what you are looking for??
No, I want to get the cable only, and not a new antenna.
Jock Elliott

Post by Jock Elliott »

If I understand the question correctly, this is what you want:

https://www.anon-co.com/product/tecsun-an06-sw-antenna
psteckler

Post by psteckler »

Jock Elliott wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:10 am If I understand the question correctly, this is what you want:
No, I want just the cable that sits between the radio's whip antenna and the reel antenna.
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

psteckler wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:16 pm
Jock Elliott wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:10 am If I understand the question correctly, this is what you want:
No, I want just the cable that sits between the radio's whip antenna and the reel antenna.
Fine, so what's wrong with that cable which was suggested and which had alligator clips on one side and a plug on the other side ? If that isn't what you're seeking, please describe the cable you're seeking for or post some images so that we could understand the type of cable you're asking for
psteckler

Post by psteckler »

Andrew (grayhat) wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:20 pm please describe the cable you're seeking for or post some images so that we could understand the type of cable you're asking for
Like this one that comes with the Sangean reel antenna.

A cable with an alligator clip will work, certainly, but this purpose-built cable is nicer, I'd say.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 08-32-43 Amazon.com Sangean ANT-60 Short Wave Antenna Electronics.png
Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 08-32-43 Amazon.com Sangean ANT-60 Short Wave Antenna Electronics.png (101.37 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

psteckler wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:36 pm Like this one that comes with the Sangean reel antenna.
A cable with an alligator clip will work, certainly, but this purpose-built cable is nicer, I'd say.
Oh, a cable with alligator clips may not be "nice", but it will work, not sure if there are cables with a "nice clip" like that one sold alone, if that's from sangean, you may check if sangean solds those cables alone (e.g. spare parts or the like), otherwise the alligator one will just work and, judging from the thin wire used in the sangean one, the alligator one will last more, I believe.