Volunteer to help the Shortwave Radio Audio Archive?

Use this forum to discuss any radio-related topic outside of asking for advice (check out our Questions and Advice forum for those topics). As with all of our forums, treat others with kindness and respect.
Thomas
Site Admin

Volunteer to help the Shortwave Radio Audio Archive?

Post by Thomas »

Hi, Group!

I thought I'd check in here first:

I am looking for a few people to help out with the Shortwave Radio Audio Archive: http://shortwavearchive.com

We have numerous contributors to the archive, but very few people who actually upload the files to the archive, index them, and create/schedule each post. In fact, most of the time, I'm the one who does this so I can be a bottleneck as I'm incredibly busy these days. :)

We have a large collection that has been offered up to us and I could use the help adding these. Also, there are numerous other contributions that come in.

This would require a working knowledge of creating blog posts and an internet connection worthy of uploading files between 2MB - 120MB.

We host the archive on the Squarespace platform, so knowledge with this would be most helpful.

This entire archive is a labor of love among those of us who want to preserve our radio history.

Let me know if interested! It's a lot of fun listening through these recordings as we post them!

Cheers,
Thomas (K4SWL)
The SWLing Post
The Shortwave Radio Audio Archive