What does your listening post look like?

Use this forum to discuss any radio-related topic outside of asking for advice (check out our Questions and Advice forum for those topics). As with all of our forums, treat others with kindness and respect.
N3BE

What does your listening post look like?

Post by N3BE »

thumbnail_IMG_6593.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6593.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
Good Morning fellow Shortwave Listeners, Heading into my 60th year of SWL'ing I thought to take and post snapshot of my current static listening post. In the hopes of seeing some of your listening setups in reply. 73 and best of DX to all . WPC3SWL John
listening since '62.
Andrew (grayhat)

Re: What does your listening post look like?

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

Hmmm....

that stuff, at the top, seems like some lensing from Zenit, MTO and then some; are you from Russia :D ?
N3BE

Post by N3BE »

Good catch on the lenses. I am not. But some of those lenses are. The lenses were for my various rangefinders and film SLRs years ago. Now I hang them via adapters on my Sony A7 digital. Old glass on full frame digital body, the best of both worlds.
listening since '62.
Icon

Post by Icon »

Mine is generally messy, generally something is in pieces and not a lot to look at.. but I enjoy it.
Hmmm, has been so long since I have posted pics in a forum I have forgotten how the Image thing works..
DXerPaulAK2024

Post by DXerPaulAK2024 »

Here's what my listening post looks like:

https://youtu.be/b2F0G4XG1m4

[Moderator (2Aug2023): I edited your URL so it would properly load.]
Paul Walker, Program Director, Morning/Lunch Show Host, Engineer, Cleaner, Secretary, Assistant Promotions Person, snow Shoveler, Moose Shooer Awayer & Treato Giver To ALL Village Doggos
KSKO 89.5 McGrath, AK
kskopublicradio.com
KnoxvilleMike

Post by KnoxvilleMike »

How do you like the ATS120? It seems to be doing pretty well for you.
DXerPaulAK2024

Post by DXerPaulAK2024 »

KnoxvilleMike wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:10 pm How do you like the ATS120? It seems to be doing pretty well for you.
Love it.. i also got the TEF6686.. and like it even more, mostly
Paul Walker, Program Director, Morning/Lunch Show Host, Engineer, Cleaner, Secretary, Assistant Promotions Person, snow Shoveler, Moose Shooer Awayer & Treato Giver To ALL Village Doggos
KSKO 89.5 McGrath, AK
kskopublicradio.com
KnoxvilleMike

Post by KnoxvilleMike »

The TEF6686 goes from $101 to over $200 on Amazon, and none have reviews. Did you get yours from there, or AliExpress (or elsewhere)?
DXerPaulAK2024

Post by DXerPaulAK2024 »

KnoxvilleMike wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:45 pm The TEF6686 goes from $101 to over $200 on Amazon, and none have reviews. Did you get yours from there, or AliExpress (or elsewhere)?
AliExpress.....i liek it enough i ordered a second one, but i need to use the second one before i can offer a fair opinion on any problems.
KSKO 89.5 McGrath, AK
kskopublicradio.com
Omega-TI

Post by Omega-TI »

My listening post doesn't have a lot of high priced gear. The monitor on the left controls an inexpensive RTL-SDR.BLOG V3 dongle while the monitor on the right controls an Airspy RSP1A. The little monitor on the bottom is the control head for a Uniden SDS100 that is dedicated to local 24/7 P25 monitoring. Still, even though it's low-end, I think it looks cool in the dark! :D