What does your listening post look like?

Use this forum to discuss any radio-related topic outside of asking for advice (check out our Questions and Advice forum for those topics). As with all of our forums, treat others with kindness and respect.
N3BE

Re: What does your listening post look like?

Post by N3BE »

I love your setup. It all looks very cool, 73 es best DX de N3BE
listening since '62.
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

Omega-TI wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 pm My listening post doesn't have a lot of high priced gear. The monitor on the left controls an inexpensive RTL-SDR.BLOG V3 dongle while the monitor on the right controls an Airspy RSP1A. The little monitor on the bottom is the control head for a Uniden SDS100 that is dedicated to local 24/7 P25 monitoring. Still, even though it's low-end, I think it looks cool in the dark! :D

what about your antenna system ?.
Omega-TI

Post by Omega-TI »

The antenna system is still a work in progress. I'm currently using the lame little dipole that came with the RTL-SDR for the RSP1 and a vertical for vhf/uhf on the RTL-SDR. I'm guessing you asked that question before you saw my other thread message in which you helped me quite a bit.

I'm also taking your advice and starting to order parts now... along with a very long drill bit so when the time comes, I'll be ready to hit the minor league. With the HOA's I'll never have major league antenna system.