Does the sangean 909X2 have the annoying beep?

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply trying to figure out how to find that elusive station on the dial? This is a place where you can ask your question and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
Garbux

Does the sangean 909X2 have the annoying beep?

Post by Garbux »

I have a Sangean 909X and enjoy using it except for the loud high pitched beep that sounds when changing bands and other operations. There appears to be no way to disable it without resorting to hardware mod.

My question, to any 909X2 owners is ...... Is it possible to disable the beep? The online manual suggests that this might be possible in the "Menu" setting.

Thanks
Gareth
k4pkm

Re: Does the sangean 909X2 have the annoying beep?

Post by k4pkm »

Hi Gareth,
Yes, the beep can be disabled!
Press and hold the menu button (the one also labeled 'info') for a few seconds and the menu will come up. Rotate the tuning dial until you see the 'Beep' option. Press the 'step' button (center of the tuning wheel) until the 'on' display starts flashing. Rotate the tuning dial until the display reads 'off' and press the step button again. This will turn off the beep. Then press the menu button again to return to normal operation.
Cheers!
Robert K4PKM
Garbux

Re: Does the sangean 909X2 have the annoying beep?

Post by Garbux »

Hi Robert
Thanks for the reply. That's good news about the bleep. I might have to buy on now. 😀
Gareth