Antenna clip cable

Do you have a question about choosing a radio, installing an antenna, or are you simply trying to figure out how to find that elusive station on the dial? This is a place where you can ask your question and seek guidance from a wide variety of radio enthusiasts. No questions are too simple. You will be treated with respect here.
13dka

Re: Antenna clip cable

Post by 13dka »

Well that's the part I was trying to find for you but it seems neither Amazon nor Anon-Co nor AliExpress offer those separately.
AL850

Post by AL850 »

If a 'gator clip won't do, maybe try roaming the Beauty isle at your local $dollar$ Store?

I suspect a metal hair clip would do a nice job for attachment to an antenna.

Yes, you're going to have to add wire and a connector but then again, you can make it your own.

YMMV
EM64rp
Dave613

Post by Dave613 »

I was looking for the same thing to use with a CC Crane Skywave SSB (no antenna jack); did not find it sold separately so just bought "XHDATA AN-80 Shortwave Reel Antenna FM SW External Antenna" from Amzn which includes the socket-clip adapter.
Dave.
Andrew (grayhat)

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

Dave613 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:29 pm I was looking for the same thing to use with a CC Crane Skywave SSB (no antenna jack); did not find it sold separately so just bought "XHDATA AN-80 Shortwave Reel Antenna FM SW External Antenna" from Amzn which includes the socket-clip adapter.
Dave.

Dave, I keep wondering why people keeps buying such stuff; the only "value" is the reel, but then, one may just buy a phone line reel, put all the wires in series, obtaining an antenna virtually longer than its size, add a simple adapter (be it a wire with alligator clips and/or a jack) and pay much less

oh well
Dave613

Post by Dave613 »

Andrew (grayhat) wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:07 pm
Dave613 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:29 pm I was looking for the same thing to use with a CC Crane Skywave SSB (no antenna jack); did not find it sold separately so just bought "XHDATA AN-80 Shortwave Reel Antenna FM SW External Antenna" from Amzn which includes the socket-clip adapter.
Dave.

Dave, I keep wondering why people keeps buying such stuff
In my case I just wanted that clip and that seemed to be the only way to get exactly that item, totally agree it wasn't good value for the actual functionality, in my case I didn't even keep the reel, just use the wire out of the reel and the clip adapter. I use it as an antenna that is easy and small to pack when travelling with just carry on.
grantbob

Post by grantbob »

It's still not what you're looking for but I've used this type of clip rather than a standard alligator clip to make some connectors:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163620883197
It goes around the antenna and can hold it fairly well as long as you're not way out and the skinny part. Might be better than an alligator if you decide to make your own.

-grantbob