What I like collecting.

Use this forum to discuss any radio-related topic outside of asking for advice (check out our Questions and Advice forum for those topics). As with all of our forums, treat others with kindness and respect.
Icon

What I like collecting.

Post by Icon »

I only have about 40 or so radios, but these are what I like to collect. It's just sad that parts are no longer available, and some radios have to be sacrificed to repair others. Mainly it's the SW100s that require upkeep and repairs. I have some spare parts, but not always the parts I need.
The leatherette cases for the SW100s and SW07s are also hard to come by.
The most common issues for me is the battery holder where the end breaks out, and corrosion on the boards where people have left batteries in and they leaked, and of course the cut ribbon cables.
The most common issue with the SW12s is the battery contact (where button battery slides in) breaks loose from where it is soldered.
Have found no issues with the SW07s.

Andrew (grayhat)

Re: What I like collecting.

Post by Andrew (grayhat) »

Nice collection, thanks for sharing, as for me I like the older destop receivers, also since they're easier to repair
Icon

Post by Icon »

Thanks. I don't have any desktops, as my space is very limited, and what space I have is pretty full. Most of them are common radios, like the Eton 750, Panasonic 3100 and GE 7-2990 (working on a tuning gear for it).
KnoxvilleMike

Post by KnoxvilleMike »

Very impressive collection! I can understand the redundancy - you're forced to be your own parts store.
13dka

Post by 13dka »

That's not redundancy, just minimum required equipment for proper a monitoring station! :)